OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
- Sweepstakes Description: The following terms and conditions apply to the Cleveland Cavaliers Kids Club Mario Madness Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). Parents/legal guardians of children ages six (6) to twelve (12) who, during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below), enroll their child in a free Cavs Kids Club membership via https://www.cavsyouth.com/enrollment/ will be entered into a pool of Entrants (as defined below) and provided with an opportunity to win for them and their child an exclusive invitation to a private Mario Kart party event (the “Event”) hosted at the Legion Lair Lit by TCP, which is located at 7524 Father Frascati Dr., Cleveland, OH 44102, which will feature an appearance from Larry Nance, Jr. (particular date of the Event to be determined by Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC (“COC”) in its sole discretion) (the “Prize”).
ARV of the Prize: $15
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on March 1, 2020 at 9:00:00 AM EST and ends on March 20, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To qualify, entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Sweepstakes. COC is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor is COC obligated to publicly announce the Sweepstakes results.
- To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In order to be entered into the Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must, during the Sweepstakes Period, enroll their child in a free Cavs Kids Club membership via https://www.cavsyouth.com/enrollment/.
Limit: One (1) entry per child of a parent/legal guardian during the Sweepstakes Period. If an Entrant submits multiple entries on behalf of their child, only the first such entry will be considered. All entries become the property of COC.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant consents to (a) being contacted by COC and its respective affiliates; and (b) be bound by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
- Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and reside within (a) the area of the State of Ohio, and/or (b) a one hundred fifty (150) air-mile radius of the corporate limits of the City of Cleveland, Ohio, but excluding those territories identified in Section 13 below. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Owners, directors, officers, and employees (and their parents, siblings, spouses, and children) of COC, its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, their respective advertising and promotional agencies for the Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Selection of the Winners and Notification: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be forty (40) Prize winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) randomly selected from among all qualifying Entrants on or about March 20, 2020.
The Winners will be notified by email on or about March 21, 2020. If a Winner: (a) is unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with COC by the date specified in the notification message; or (c) fails to accept the Prize, COC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such Winner and, to select a replacement Winner from the remaining qualifying Entrants. COC shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify a Winner and no responsibility is assumed by COC for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify a Winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Verification: Upon the request of COC, each Winner must sign and return the following documents by a date determined by the COC in order to be eligible to receive the Prize: (a) an affidavit of eligibility; and (b) a liability/publicity release on behalf of themselves and their child(ren) in form and substance satisfactory to COC. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned within the stated time, or if a Winner is deemed by COC to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Sweepstakes Rules, then such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining qualifying Entrants, time permitting.
- Prize Conditions, Terms, and Restrictions: Only the Prize described in these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents, and/or redemptions may be made, except that, in the event of Prize unavailability, COC reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, in COC’s sole discretion. The Prize cannot be transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash. The Winners shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prize, including (if applicable) any and all of their travel expenses and accommodations. If applicable, the Winners must be able to travel on those dates and times designated by COC, in its sole discretion, and all travel arrangements shall be made by the Winners.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting COC the right to use each Winner’s name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and cities and states of residence for advertising, marketing, and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by the Winners) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. COC expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. COC makes no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply.
- Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market, and publicize the Sweepstakes, COC and its affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials, and content submitted in the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s name (and likeness), biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants to COC a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, and share with its affiliates and any partner(s) of this Sweepstakes to use, however COC, its affiliates, and any partner(s) of this Sweepstakes may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Sweepstakes or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
- Sweepstakes Conditions: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or in these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules by a Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner and all privileges as a Winner shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS CAVALIERS OPERATING COMPANY, LLC, CAVALIERS HOLDINGS, LLC, CVALIERS ESPORTS, LLC, THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION AND ITS MEMBER TEAMS, NBA PROPERTIES, INC., AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- Limitation of Liability: COC shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. COC may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or COC representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of COC which, in the sole opinion of the COC, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then COC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the Winners based on entries received prior to the action taken.
- Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to seek the award of, and each Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or COC in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Ohio. All Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Ohio and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Official Sweepstakes Rules.
- Winners List: For a copy of the first name, last initial, and city of residence of the Winners, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
1 Center Court
Cleveland, OH 44115
Attn.: Tori Carras
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Sweepstakes officially ends.
- Excluded Territories: See below.
|43436||Isle Saint George||Ottawa|
|43456||Put In Bay||Ottawa|
EXCLUDED TERRITORIES CONT’D