Rules and Regulations
CAVS KIDS CLUB JR. REPORTERS SEARCH CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Contest Description: The following terms and conditions shall apply to the Cavs Kids Club Jr. Reporters Search Contest (the “Contest”). Parents or legal guardians of kids age 6-12 and who, during the Contest Period, complete and submit the entry form available at https://www.cavsyouth.com/jr-reporter/ will be considered for an opportunity to win the following:
(a) attend with their kid the Cleveland Cavaliers 2022 Media Day during which their kid will have the opportunity to ask certain question(s) to Cleveland Cavaliers player(s), coach(es), and/or basketball operations personnel (particular player(s), coach(es), and/or basketball operations personnel to be determined by COC in its sole discretion);
(b) attend one (1) Cleveland Cavaliers regular reason home game played at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse (particular game to be determined by Cavaliers Operating Company, LLC (“COC”) in its sole discretion);
(c) receive one (1) gift card valued at $50 for the Team Shop;
(d) attend with their kid one (1) 2022-23 Cleveland Cavaliers regular season pre-game head coach press conference during which their kid will have the opportunity to ask certain question(s) to the Cleveland Cavaliers’ head coach (particular game to be determined by COC in its sole discretion);
(e) recognition for their kid as an official Cavs Kids Club Jr. Reporter via the official Cavs Youth website; and
(f) one (1) Cavs Kids Club Membership Pack (particular contents of Cavs Kids Club Membership Pack to be determined by COC in its sole discretion).
Subsections (a)-(f) above shall be referred to collectively herein as the “Prize”.
ARV of the Prize: $500
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time on August 16, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on August 31, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). In order to qualify, entries must be received during the Contest Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Contest. COC is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor are they obligated to publicly announce the Contest results.
- To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In order to be entered into the Contest, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must, during the Contest Period, (a) be a parent or legal guardian of a kid age 6-12; and (b) complete and submit the entry form available at https://www.cavsyouth.com/jr-reporter/.
Limit: One (1) entry per kid during the Contest Period.
By entering the Contest, Entrants consent (i) to being contacted by COC and its respective affiliates; and (ii) to be bound by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Contest Rules.
- Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. The Contest is open to legal residents of the state of Ohio). Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Owners, officers, and employees (and their spouses and children) of Cavaliers Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes nor are any winners of the Cavs Kids Club Jr. Reporters Search Contest in previous seasons. Entrants are eligible to win a prize in a contest or sweepstakes conducted by COC only once every thirty (30) days and only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600. Entrants must live within 100 miles from Cleveland. Previous winners may not be selected again.
- Selection of the Winners and Notification:Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be up to five (5) Prize winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) chosen based on the following:
- the Cavs Kids Club member’s video (submitted as part of the entry form) creativity, explanation for why they would make a good Cavs Kids Club Jr. Reporter, and their overall enthusiasm for Cleveland Cavaliers basketball; and
- the Cavs Kids Club member’s explanation for why they would make a good Cavs Kids Club Jr. Reporter and their overall enthusiasm for Cleveland Cavaliers basketball via an in-person interview with COC officials on or about September 12, 2022. There will be ten (10) Entrants selected for such an interview.
Decisions of COC with respect to the Contest, disqualification of Entrants, and Selection of the Winner are final. Each Prize Winner will be selected on or about September 15, 2022. Each Prize Winner will be notified by email or phone on or about September 16, 2022. If a Winner either: (a) is unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with COC prior to the conclusion of the Contest Period; or (c) fails to accept the Prize, COC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such Winner and, to select a replacement Winner from the remaining qualifying Entrants. COC shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify a Winner and no responsibility is assumed by COC for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify such Winner.
- Winner Verification: Upon the request of COC, the parents or guardians of each Winner must sign and return the following documents on their Cavs Kids Club member’s behalf: (a) an affidavit of eligibility; (b) an additional liability/publicity release in form and substance satisfactory to COC; (c) a copy of Entrant’s government-issued photo identification; and (c) any other releases and waivers requested by COC, releasing COC from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands and causes of action for or related to personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Contest or Prize. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned, or if a Winner is deemed by COC to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Contest Rules, then such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting.
- Prize Conditions, Terms, and Restrictions: Only the Prize described in these Official Contest Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions and/or redemptions shall be made, except that, in the event of Prize unavailability, COC reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, in COC’ sole discretion. The Prize cannot be transferred or assigned. Unless otherwise set forth herein, each Winner/Entrant shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prize/this Contest, including any and all of their (and their Cavs Kids Club member’s) travel expenses and accommodations. All travel arrangements shall be made by the Winners/Entrants.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize acceptance constitutes a waiver and release granting COC the right to use each Winner’s and Winner’s kid’s name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and city and state of residence for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by each such Winner or Winner’s kid) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. COC expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. COC makes no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply.
- Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market and publicize the Contest, COC and its respective affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials, and content submitted in the Contest including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s kid’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants COC a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, and share with its affiliates and any partner(s) of this Contest to use, however COC, its affiliates, and any partner(s) of this Contest may deem fit in their sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Contest or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
- Contest Conditions: The Contest is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or in these Official Contest Rules. Any violation of these Official Contest Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Contest Rules by any Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner and all privileges as a Winner shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS CAVALIERS HOLDINGS, LLC, CAVALIERS OPERATING COMPANY, LLC, THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION, NBA PROPERTIES, INC., AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
- Limitations of Liability: COC shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. COC may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning the Prize, as the case may be, if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or COC representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of COC which, in the sole opinion of COC, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Conduct, then COC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the Winners based on entries received prior to the action taken.
- Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to seek the award of, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or COC in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Ohio. All Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Ohio and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Contest or Official Contest Rules.
- Winners List: For a copy of the name of the Winners, or a copy of the Official Contest Rules, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
1 Center Court
Cleveland, OH 4415
Attn.: Kerry Barrett
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Contest officially ends.